2015 Nomads Trials Championship
Another year almost gone and another championship over. I would like to say it all went well, but unfortunately it didn't.
The fires that ravaged the peninsula in early March swept through our Constantia venue a few days after we had prepared the sections for the first championship trial, and we had to switch the venue to Kuils River. Our loss was insignificant compared to the land owners whose log cabin was destroyed.
Misfortune continue as on the first lap at Kuils River, Charles had a fall that resulted in a broken collar bone which put him out of action for the rest of the year, and reminded us all how quickly these things can happen. The good news is he has made a full recovery and has been negotiating for a new bike.
There were a number of other regular riders who weren't able to ride all the events, so numbers were actually slightly down on last year. As often happens, a lot of new interest is shown towards the end of the year with several new riders, which we hope will continue into next year.
My guess is that the experts class will be well supported next year with some strong riders which may tend to raise the standard, but we will have to wait and see.
I think the same may be true for the intermediates, and hopefully the new riders will fill up the clubman's class.
There is talk of having two rounds of the national championship in Cape Town next year and this will be decided before the end of the year.
Apart from the bad start, the rest of the season went well thanks to the efforts of all those who set sections, cleared bush, ran events and cleaned up afterwards. A special word of thanks to Charles for all he does in putting reports together and maintaining the website which gives us a very professional image.
The results of the 2015 Nomads Trials Championship are contained in the table below. Congratulations to all the winners, and better luck ne xt time to the rest.
Please be sure to read the explanatory notes at the bottom of the table.
|Zander Van Aswegen||20||20||17||20||77||3|
|Mark Du Plessis||25||25||4|
Trial Dates and Venues
- 15-Mar Kuilsriver
- 19-Apr Wellington
- 17-May Spes Bona
- 21-Jun Vista
- 19-Jul Kuilsriver
- 23-Aug Zonnebloem
- 20-Sep Wellington
- This table records as far as possible, all riders that took part in Nomads trials during the 2015 year.
- Points are allocated as follows: 1st 25, 2nd 20, 3rd 17, 4th 15 then reducing by 1 point per place to zero.
- It records all riders whether Nomads members or not.
- Only Nomads members are eligible for Nomads Awards.
- The highest placed Nomads member in each class will be considered the Nomads champion in that class.
- There are seven events that count towards the championship, but only the rider's best six results are used.
- Classic/Twinshock trials and the John Fulcher Memorial Trial do not count in any championship.
|Trials Championship 2015.xls||13 KB|