Section cleaning and setup is at 9am on Sunday 5th June at Bases Farm in Wellington. Please come and help. We need many hands to clean up some of the Nationals sections. Of course you will also be riding.
There is superb variety and the sections are scenic and interesting. Bring gardening kit, bikes, saws etc.
Directions to Bases Farm
View To Bases Farm in Wellington in a map
- Take the N1 from Cape Town towards Paarl.
- Take Exit 59 onto the R301.
- Stay on the R301 for 10,7km then turn right into Bo Dal Road. Wellington Primary School is on the left.
- Stay on Bo Dal Road for 1.2 Km then turn left onto a gravel Road. One of the signs points to "Blue Bell Glen".
- Stay on this road for approximately 2,2km until the end which is where the trial will be. The road goes past Imbuko Wines.
As an alternative, to avoid riding through Paarl and the suburbs on the R301, in point 2 above if coming from Cape Town:
- take the Klapmuts turnoff (R44) and ride all the way to Wellington where you
- turn right onto the R301 to Paarl.
- Then turn left into Bodal road.
The distance is about the same, but the R44 has a speed limit of 100km/hr and few stops.
It's about an hour's drive from Cape Town. Be careful of speed traps.