The next Nomads trial is at Bonthuys farm in Klipheuwel/Stellenbosch on the 17th of April. Setup for this is this Sunday from 8:30am.
The sections we will be cleaning are earmarked for the Nationals later this year - please come and help make this a success.
Sean Pretorius is leading the setup, and he asks for anybody available to please come along to help.
Time: Sunday 10th April, 8:30am (approx 4 hours)
What you will get
- a chance to see how National sections are decided, and a preview of the trial
- some riding and some advice
- lots of exercise
What you must bring
- Bike and riding gear
- Gardening gear (loppers, saw, panga, rake, gardening gloves, hat/sunscreen)
- Snacks & water
From Stellenbosch side ride 2km on bottelary road. Turn left at J.Bonthuys Welgelegen farm (small dirt road through vineyard). Continue to T junction, turn left. At barn turn left and about 150m further a staggered intersection turn right into an open area next to a forest. This is the spot.
From Cape Town:
- N1 and turn off at Kraaifontein. Turn right to cross over the N1 at the top of the offramp.
- Drive all the way straight through Kraaifontein and two circles until you reach Bottelary road.
- Turn left and ride about 2km to a right-turn onto a gravel road to Klipheuwel.
- Drive about 3km straight until you reach Welgelegen farm gate.
- Turn left past the barn, 150m to a staggered intersection. Turn right and stop.
Keep those feet up