Our next event is this Sunday 22 July 2018 at Drosberg, Paarl.
Thanks to all who helped set the sections last weekend – it’s going to be a great event.
- Registration is open – please email your full name and number (if you have) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry Fees : Adults R200-00, Students / Scholars R150
- Entry fee cash only before the start of the event
- 09h30 Riders Briefing and 10h00 Start (7 Sections x 5 Laps)
- Fire extinguishers and environmental mats are mandatory for all pit areas
- Directions to the venue here MAP
- A food truck which will provide coffee, water, drinks and sandwiches has been arranged. But bring your own drinks and race food for the unforeseen
- There will be toilets at the venue
- There will be trophies for each class, 1-3de
- Bring Family and pets as it is a great venue to walk and have a picnic at the foot of Du Toitskloof mountain
- Please bring your own rubbish bags to clean up before we depart
For Beginners - what to expect:
- If you are new to the sport, the FAQ may be useful.
- Arrive around 9am, we have a riders' briefing at 9:30 and start at 10am. You will need time to kit up, warm up yourself and the bike, deal with any issues like the bike not starting, and more.
- The beginners' line is called "clubman", and is set so that it is safe and does not require commitment.
- The first lap is done together, because we all walk the section before riding it. During the walk we explain the various lines and options, adjust obstacles if they are too difficult or dangerous, and plan our strategies.
- At the end of each section is a sheet where you will enter your score.
- You will need a helmet, gloves, pants and boots. A t-shirt is fine, though elbow-guards and knee-guards if you have them are a good idea. One or two people wear body armour.
- Remember your entry fee.
Directions to Drosberg
- Take the N1 towards Paarl/Worcester.
- Just before the tunnel toll gates, take the R101 turn off (Exit 62A as if you want to go over Du Toit's Kloof Pass).
- Turn left at the top of the ramp, then right at the 4-way stop (onto the R101 towards Du Toit's Kloof Pass.
- Drive 2.4 km and you will arrive at your destination.