Please join us at Bases Farm, Wellington, for this month's trial. Russell is your host (he is an enduro rider).
There will be masters, experts, intermediates and clubmen classes, as well as a mini-trial for youngsters on electric bikes.
The venue is superb for spectators and children, the sections are close by, and a few sections are in the river under big shady trees.
- Time: Sunday 19 August, 9:30am for 10am start (approx 4 hours)
- Questions: check our FAQ for information about what to bring, do, be etc
- Remember: R50 per bike (maybe more) entry fee, and bring some refreshments for yourself.
There will be cleanup for Nationals and some riding at the venue on the 12th August from 8:30 am. Please come help us make this a fantastic trial. This venue is where we are holding the Cape leg of the Trials Nationals, so as much help as possible is needed to clean up and make this better than the one we have just had in KZN.
Directions to Bases Farm
View To Bases Farm in Wellington in a map
- Take the N1 from Cape Town towards Paarl.
- Take Exit 59 onto the R301.
- Stay on the R301 for 10,7km then turn right into Bo Dal Road at a traffic light. Wellington Primary School is on the left.
- Stay on Bo Dal Road for 1.2 Km then turn left onto a gravel Road. One of the signs points to "Blue Bell Glen".
- Stay on this road for approximately 2,2km until the end which is where the trial will be. The road goes past Imbuko Wines.
As an alternative, to avoid riding through Paarl and the suburbs on the R301, in point 2 above if coming from Cape Town:
- take the Klapmuts turnoff (R44) and ride all the way to Wellington where you
- turn right onto the R301 to Paarl.
- Then turn left into Bodal road at the first traffic light.
The distance is about the same, but the R44 has a speed limit of 100km/hr and few stops.
It's about an hour's drive from Cape Town. Be careful of speed traps.