Nomads Trial :: Elgin Grabouw Country Club :: Sun 15th May
Wow, on Sunday we scouted the new venue for this month's trial. The riding is sublime - I am still smiling. There are logs of every size and description, a section up a river, rocks, sand, mud - you name it, we have it.
The country club has lovely lawns, a restaurant, and ablutions. There is entertainment for kids, and family will be comfortable waiting for you to finish riding.
The protocol for arriving at the club is as follows:
- when you arrive you need to park on the grass on the immediate left as you enter the car park.
- Please do not buzz the club area - when we start we will ride to the sections away from the clubhouse keeping noise levels low. Believe me - you will be whooping with delight at the sections and the liasons, and there is no need to get any thrills in the parking area.
- Our behavior and future use of this venue will depend on how we conduct ourselves in the public spaces.
- Time: 9h30 for a 10am start. (It takes an hour to get there from Kirstenhof via Baden Powell.)
- Cost: R150 per bike to parks board - you will see that it is worth it. Pay Mark Shearer.
- First Time? : See our FAQ
- Lunch: Bring your family and have lunch after the trial at the restaurant. Club number is 021-859-3651 and 082-335-7071 - http://www.countryclub.co.za/ or you can braai, picnic and make use of the bar facilities.
How to get there
- Take the N2 over Sir Lowrys Pass and then take the main turnoff into Grabouw (R321 at the Orchard Farm Stall).
- At the 2nd Stop Sign, turn left.
- Carry on for about 2k’s until the road banks left...
- at that point you will see a slip road going straight, over a railway line and a small Grabouw Country Club sign – go along there for another 2k’s and in to the club.
The Elgin Grabouw Country Club
If you want to book for Breakfast or Lunch, please call the club or Willie and book (he is most accommodating).
Club number is: 021-859-3651 and 082-335-7071
“The Club has a fully licensed restaurant with stunning views across the Eikenhof dam. Come and experience the tranquility offered by this setting while enjoying any of our great value for money meals from our generous al la carte menu.
The restaurant is open from 11am to 9pm from Tuesdays to Friday and from 9am to 9pm on Saturday. The restaurant is also open on Sundays from 9am until 2pm. To avoid disappointment please book in advance.
The bar is open from 11am until late.
There is a selection of menu options available to suit all tastes. There are also braai & picnic facilities available. Booking is essential. Please contact the Club for pricing.
Tel: 021 859 3651 or Email: email@example.com “
I have just driven past the entrance to the Pass and it is opening to traffic as we speak.. Sunday promises to be a great day with quite a lot of interest from bikers in general, so I am expecting quite a few spectators.
Come early, we will start sharp at 10.
See you there!