Nomads Trial :: Sun 20th Sept :: Wellington
Please join us at Bases Farm, Wellington, for this month's trial. Russell is your host (he is an enduro rider).
There will be masters, experts, intermediates and clubmen, as well as some sections for the youngsters on electric bikes.
The intermediate class rides the 4 safest expert lines and the clubman lines on the other 4 sections.
The Oset/electric trial for youngsters (thanks to Dion), starts at 09:30.
The venue is superb for spectators and children. There will be luxury ablutions, courtesy of Sales Hire, the sections are close by, and the last few sections are in the river under big shady trees.
- Time: Sunday 20th September, 9:00am for 9:30 Oset start, and 10am senior start (approx 4 hours)
- Questions: check our FAQ for information about what to bring, do, be etc
- Remember: R50 per bike entry fee, and some refreshments for yourself.
- Setup: the prior Sunday (13th Sep) from 9am - please come help clean sections.
Directions to Bases Farm
- Take the N1 from Cape Town towards Paarl.
- Take Exit 59 onto the R301.
- Stay on the R301 for 10,7km then turn right into Bo Dal Road.
- Stay on Bo Dal Road for 1.2 Km then turn left onto a gravel Road. One of the signs points to "Blue Bell Glen".
- Stay on this road for approximately 2,2km until the end which is where the trial will be. The road goes past Imbuko Wines.
As an alternative, to avoid riding through Paarl and the suburbs on the R301, in point 2 above if coming from Cape Town:
- take the Klapmuts turnoff (R44) and ride all the way to Wellington where you
- turn right onto the R301 to Paarl.
- Then turn left into Bodal road. It is the first big intersection on Bo Dal road, and has new robots.
The distance is about the same, but the R44 has a speed limit of 100km/hr and few stops.
It's about an hour's drive from Cape Town. Be careful of speed traps.