This month's trial is at Zonnebloem this coming Sunday (14th Aug).
- Luxury ablutions will be provided by SalesHire.
- Cost: R50 per competitor (the money goes to the school).
- Arrive from 9am for a 10am start.
- If you are new to the sport, the FAQ may be useful.
For Beginners - what to expect:
- Arrive around 9:30am, we have a riders' briefing just before 10am and start at 10am.
- There are 8 sections (they are short), and we will ride 4 laps through them. The beginners' line is called "clubman", and is set so that it is safe and does not require commitment.
- The first lap is done together, because we all walk the section before riding it. During the walk we explain the various lines and options, adjust obstacles if they are too difficult or dangerous, and plan our strategies.
- Scoring will be done by Nomads marshalls who are practising for the nationals.
- You will need a helmet, gloves, pants and boots. A t-shirt is fine, though elbow-guards and knee-guards if you have them are a good idea. One or two people wear body armour.
- R50 per bike
Quick link http://goo.gl/maps/oYqSi
- N2: direction town, lower freeway after hospital bend.
- Exit 2 - Searle Str (the next one after the Garden Court Hotel on the left)
- Turn right onto Searle St
- Turn left onto Keizersgracht 15m
- Turn right onto Hill St 46m
- Hill St turns left and becomes Cambridge St 28m
- Turn right at white brick entrance: Zonnebloem College Estate. -33.933969,18.439859
- Enter parking area, turn right, then left into next parking area. -33.934530, 18.438271
Look forward to seeing you there.