The next trial will be at Vista School in Military Road, Schotsche Kloof, (Bo-Kaap) on Sunday 20th July 2014. Directions and map are below. The terrain includes steep banks, tree roots, logs, grass banks, some rocks, and there will be plenty of tight turns thrown in.
All are invited to help set sections, practice and clean up the grounds on Sunday 13th July, 9 am. We have not ridden there for a while so will need help. R50 per bike goes towards school funds.
Google map here: http://goo.gl/maps/J0IYM
Directions to Vista School, Schotsche Kloof, from M62 Buitengracht (the road linking the Foreshore Freeway to Kloof Nek):
- From Buitengracht turn up into Bloem Street (corner with Scooter shop and the Diahatsu dealership)
- Turn immediately left into the service road running parallel to Buitengracht.
- Continue to the end of the service road where it turns right into Carrisbrook Road
- Continue up to the top of Carrisbrook and turn right.
- Turn immediately left into Whitford Street
- Follow Whitford Street which then becomes Military Road and Vista School is on the left. (Military Road continues on to the Lion Battery where the Noon Day Gun is fired, but don’t go there).
- For the trial, park at the first parking area inside the school grounds.
There are other ways to the school from Buitengracht, but this route avoids all the steep cobbled roads.
Stay inside the school grounds.