The idea is that the person who puts his foot down (a dab) the least often is the winner.
Dabs (1 point)
- The basic unit is the dab (one foot down). Each time either foot is put down is counted as a dab - so putting both feet down is 2 dabs.
- once a rider has scored 3 dabs on a section, further dabs are not counted (i.e max score per successfully completed section is 3)
Penalties (5 points)
- if you fall,
- miss a flag, skip an obstacle or go over the section boundary,
- cross over your path,
- get off the bike (i.e. both feet down on the same side of the bike),
- run back by more than one wheel rotation, or
- take your hand off the handlebar while you have a foot down
Skipping a section
- not starting a section will score a 10.
If there are no section marshalls (which in the Cape there aren't), it is up to you to record your score for each section. This is done on a clipboard that is put at the end of each section, with a list of names and columns for each lap. Put your score for the section in the right column (and write in your name if it is not already there).