The Nomads trial for May will be held at the Elgin Grabouw Country Club. There are logs of every size and description, a section up a river, rocks, sand, mud - you name it, we have it. Have a look at the report from May 2016.
The country club has lovely lawns, a restaurant, and ablutions. There is entertainment for kids, and family will be comfortable waiting for you to finish riding.
- Venue: Elgin/Grabouw Country Club
- Time: Sun 26th May: 9h30 for 10am start
- Entry Fee: R250 per adult, R150 per scholar. Add R100 if you are not a member or have not applied for membership of Nomads MCC.
- First Time? : See our FAQ
- Lunch: Bring your family and have lunch after the trial at the restaurant. Club number is 021-859-3651 and 082-335-7071 - http://www.countryclub.co.za/.
How to get there
- Take the N2 over Sir Lowrys Pass and then take the main turnoff into Grabouw (R321 at the Orchard Farm Stall).
- At the 2nd Stop Sign, turn left.
- Carry on for about 2k’s until the road banks left...
- at that point you will see a slip road going straight, over a railway line and a small Grabouw Country Club sign – go along there for another 2k’s and in to the club.
34° 7'39.38"S, 19° 1'27.57"E
The Elgin Grabouw Country Club
If you want to book for Breakfast or Lunch, please call the club or Willie and book (he is most accommodating).
Club number is: 021-859-3651 and 082-335-7071
“The Club has a fully licensed restaurant with stunning views across the Eikenhof dam. Come and experience the tranquility offered by this setting while enjoying any of our great value for money meals from our generous al la carte menu.
The restaurant is open from 11am to 9pm from Tuesdays to Friday and from 9am to 9pm on Saturday. The restaurant is also open on Sundays from 9am until 2pm. To avoid disappointment please book in advance.
The bar is open from 11am until late.
There is a selection of menu options available to suit all tastes. There are also braai & picnic facilities available. Booking is essential. Please contact the Club for pricing.
Tel: 021 859 3651 or Email: email@example.com “